Wednesday, 22 November 2017

Hernias and other Illnesses

So my Dad is in the process of trying to get a double Hernia resolved and has just had his pre-op appointment. He's got a month to wait before the actual keyhole surgery, so he's having to keep his feet up and not do much walking. He's not an athlete or anything but he's always been mobile enough, he plays golf regularly and walks his dog twice a day, so having to stay in one place for a long time is a tad unusual for him.

I guess that my parents are now at the age where I should worry more about their health. They're an active enough pair for folks in their sixties, the beagle keeps them walking plenty and they're genuine socialites, got a lot of friends. Should I be concerned for them? No more than I should be concerned for anyone else. Me and my Dad don't always see eye to eye, but I hope he comes through this alright, as I'm sure you understand.

Mortality has been on my mind lately, I was reminded of my friend Tom who passed away a few years ago. He had a miserable few years of it when he was living in the Reading and Newbury area, I think that things picked up for him when he moved to Swindon. He was troubled in the depression area, but he was a big heart and very imaginative. I miss his joviality.

Basil too. He was a good boy. I've loved all of our beagle hounds very much, but Basil (as my family will agree) was a beagle apart. He didn't really like people very much unless he'd known you a long time. I could write for pages and pages about Basil. Most people daydream about being with someone else from time to time. I daydream about sitting on the sofa next to Basil. He liked to lean against you if you were one of his folks. Just sit there and lean. Or lick you. He always thought that you weren't clean enough and needed to bathe you. I miss him too.

My thoughts for the now.


No comments:

Post a Comment