Thursday, 9 November 2017

Almost Had A Job...

So for the last five years my brother has been working at a Hotel, I probably shouldn't name it, so I will simply refer to it as The Hotel. He is leaving his job at The Hotel (which is long overdue, to be honest). His direct manager asked him if he knew anyone looking for work to replace him. My brother correctly said 'well, just Al, but he'll say no'. Which I mulled over. Given that it's a live in position, it's alright pay, it's long hours and there are a hundred thousand crappy stories that go with that job... well, I wasn't tempted until I heard the final part. I wouldn't have to wear a tie at this job.

Regular readers (all two of you) will know very well my stance on ties by now, but if you happen to not, let me summarise for you: Ties are bad. Al does not wear ties. Clear on this? Good, great. Hearing that I wouldn't have to wear a tie made me consider doing this job and so I let my brother know to arrange me an interview, which almost happened. Almost happened indeed. Alas, it did not and I am not particularly gutted about it. See, turns out that the General Manager stepped in and said 'What? A minion wishes not to wear a noose around it's own neck? There can be no changes to the uniform!!'.

Thusly, no interview.

Consequently, no job.

Reasonably sure that I would have done pretty well at the interview as well, given how desperate they seem to be up at The Hotel. But if they don't want to allow staff to be able to dress themselves as an adult, then they'll not get it. Never mind, I'm sure that something else will come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment