I, of course, refer to Coca-Cola. Or to be a bit more general, sugary and carbonated beverages. I think that over the last few years I've become one of those people who unironically enjoys Diet Coke for the taste. I mean... it's more chemical-y... but I kinda like that now, I guess?
So as of midnight on Saturday/Sunday, I shall be allowed to drink of the forbidden good stuff again and there's a part of me that's really, really, really looking forward to it. I mean... I know that's not the response I'm supposed to be aiming for, but I'm kinda early in this whole cleansing decompression spiral that I've started, so I guess I'm allowing myself to be excited about imbibing harmful substances again.
People have often reacted oddly when I tell them that I don't drink alcohol (on the vaguely related subject of imbibing harmful substances again). They often look at me like I just said that I enjoy molesting daschunds and then they ask me the same endlessly stupid question:
"Buy why not?"
A question so singularly moronic that I'm amazed people's brains aren't dribbling out of their ears when they ask it. It is true that alcohol consumption is widely regarded as a common leisure activity and social lubricant. That doesn't mean that everybody does it. There are whole religions out there that forbid their followers from drinking fermented plants. There's folk who have gone too far into alcoholism that now know that they can't ever drink again and that's for the best. Then there's people like me, who are just too sensible to drink. So in answer to that stupid question that I'll undoubtably get asked again...
"Because I don't want too."
My vice is clearly junk food, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment