Saturday, 9 December 2017

My Own Personal Ball+Chain

So I'm back doing some shifts at Rios. If there's one thing that I really, really didn't want to be doing with my life, it's doing some shifts at Rios. I've put in my time there, I spent nine years and six months there previously, from July 2006 to December 2015 and quite frankly, all my love for the place and whittled away over those years.

But right now I'm a bit strapped for cash and I'm unable to get a proper job, what with the impending trip to Scotland meaning that I'm leaving on the 19th. So I'm back doing some shifts at Rios. Part of it feels like I've never been away, everything just came flooding back as muscle memory. Some of the little details have changed, sure. But mostly...

I dunno. I don't really like being back, but what I don't like even more is that I don't seem to mind being back. That niggles at the back of my head.

We'll see, won't we. As far as I know I'm just doing stuff this month, but there's a chance that going forwards into next year I might do more.

Other stuff.

My exercise routine is going well, I've kicked it up a notch from going swimming four times a week and thinking about doing some more into going swimming four times a week and going power walking twice a week. Apparently the best time to do that is early in the morning, when it's bloody freezing outside and there's not as much traffic around.

Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment