I'm well aware that I need to change what it is I do with my life, mainly in the diet area (the exercise area is actually going quite well, I'm trying to build it up slowly). This is going to be difficult, since I'm nearly 34 and I have a lifetime of bad habits to try and break myself of. If only I could find some way to take my coke addiction and re-apply to something more constructive, like fruit.
Me and my guys, we play New World of Darkness quite a lot, which has a system in which your character chooses a Virtue and a Vice, these are used to define what it is he does when up against the wall, his best and worst aspects, as it were. Often in the past, Kerry and I and others used to discuss what would be on our 'real life' character sheets, should such a thing exist. Which then leads folk to vastly overstate their own capabilities. But the Virtue and Vice thing was always something that we never fully discussed with each other, since it could be viewed as too personal. The Vices are the seven deadly sins.
Mine is Gluttony.
There's no doubt in my mind about that. I eat to excess, I often don't really realise that I'm doing it and I need to figure out a way to change that. Coke is simply an extension of that. I look at how much I want and then figure not to stop there. It's my body, after all, part of me says. Can do what I want.
Which is true.
But it's not going to help me keep my health as I get older. I always used to say that I was super-healthy because I never seemed to get ill. The odd cold. That was about it. I figured I had an awesome immune system. Well, that will fade with age and I need to know that I've made some effort to shore up the defences of my body against the ravages of time.
But it's just so tasty...
No comments:
Post a Comment