Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Tough One

A few things to talk about in this one. I am all up to date with my swimming and reading and writing (although the writing was a bit touch and go last week). I'm onto Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton, which is turning out to be great, very movie-material. However, in regards to doing one chapter a day, most of these chapters are only a few pages long, so I upped it to three a day. I'm sure that you're offended.

I'm also facing a quandary with a friend of mine (who shall remain nameless for the moment, but if you know me then you probably know her too). She's started drinking again. She shouldn't be drinking, it almost killed her in the past. In the early hours of Saturday morning me and my flatmate had a bit of an intervention for her. She admitted everything, wasn't angry at us and said that she was already seeking treatment.

Now, I don't know if that last part is actually true, but on talking more with her, it seems like the drinking is really the least of her problems. She's got a lot of money issues including some very nasty people who aren't good with debts. In typical 'Her' fashion, however, she almost categorically refuses any help offered with these issues. I will do my best to help her, including offering her a place to stay if she gets kicked out of her flat... but it's up to her to take the helping hand.

She's also trying to buy out the business that she works at and I happen to know that the owner of that business is a slippery wanker who has dangled the keys in front of many an employee only to have them burn out to his benefit. She's onto a loser by continuing to throw everything she has at that hope.


So yeah... it's been a tough week, all things considered. I really need to find one of those jobs to take my mind off things. But I may need to devote time to this recovery/life rescue... if she'll accept my help, that is.

Checking out for now, Al.

No comments:

Post a Comment