Tuesday, 15 August 2017

My back... It pains me

So the other day I bent down to pick up some books and decided that no, no this was not for me. I spent the next three days laying around and feeling sorry for myself. I did manage to go swimming enough times this week, even though it looked for a minute like I wasn't going to make it. This Wednesday gone I was about to go but I'd mostly overslept and felt rubbish. I figured that I'd go on the next day.

Next day comes around and then I hurt my back. I decided again not to go, which meant that I was putting it off until Friday. Now that means that my normal Monday-Wednesday-Friday was going to turn into Monday-Friday-Sunday. I did manage on Friday, since the swimming itself didn't make my back any worse, in fact it seemed to help. It was just the getting there and tying my shoelaces that sucked. Very much sucked.

Of course that means that me going swimming on Sunday was a bit of a knife-edge. Would I make it? Would I struggle out of bed and go down and do it?

Yes, turns out. I did indeed manage to fulfil my swimming quota for the week, just not on the intended days. So this week my swims are Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday. Back to normal next week. Not that this routine is particularly normal yet, I've only been at it for just over two weeks now, as with all the financial, reading and writing stuff. That's also going okay. First week I overspend by £11, the second week I underspent by £37.50.

So that works.

I also finished reading Azincourt by Bernard Cornwall yesterday, which is a stonkingly good book. Excellently realised characters that I genuinely wish I could have met. The description of the battles is both horrific and exulting, the way that Cornwall does. He's a master at this sort of thing and to have one of our most famous victories celebrated in such a fashion was brilliant. I highly recommend it.

Not sure what I'm reading next, I'll let you know. Both my writing projects are doing well, even considering that one is out of my normal comfort zone.

Right...

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment