Tuesday, 1 August 2017

The Last Five Months

So there are five months left in the great year 2017 (it's not been that great) and I figured that I'd try... once again... to force myself to having more structure to my life. This is especially important now that I'm unemployed again, as it means that I'm at a loose end most of the time and should try to fill that time productively. I set myself a number of goals to try to stick too for the foreseeable. These are:

- Blog more, specifically on the 1st, the 8th, the 15th, the 22nd and 29th of every month (so that they're basically one week apart). I have tried this in the past but never really stuck to it, so let's try again.

- Swimming. Three times a week. Start with 30 lengths in August and then move up by six for each month afterwards. As time goes on move some of those from Breast Stroke to Front Crawl as it is more exercise-efficient.

- Read more. There's a story I tell my friends about how, when I studied Screenwriting, I got used to all stories being two hours long and that's it, so I found returning to books hard. I shall endeavour to read a chapter a day in order to be literate again, as I miss books.

- Return to writing. When I stopped having a laptop those eight months ago, I stopped writing regularly. This happens from time to time, but it's always a mistake. I need to write to stay sane. So I'm taking on two projects and seeing how I do with them. One is Networlds, the other... I'll talk about some more some other time. We'll see.

- New Financial Spreadsheet. What with having a job and my own flat I let it slide how much I was spending from week to week over the last two years. Now that I'm unemployed again my funds need to last until the end of the year (if not longer), so I'm rationing myself to £61 a week until I know that I'm secure in income again. If I'm secure in income again.

- Tackle my Coke addiction. I gave up Coca-Cola and all fizzy related drinks for the month of July, but now I am back on them (since I'm trying to do a lot to alter my life, I figure I might need the crutch). I will, however, record everything that I drink in August and we'll see how much it is, so that I can start paring it down in subsequent months.

Yeah... So...

I'm not sure how well I'll do at all this. This certainly isn't the first time that I've tried to do something like this, it's not the last time I'll try either. I know more than I did before, I know that there is support if I need it, which I probably will. I'll check in next week, see how I'm going.

Oh, and the first book I'm going
for is Azincourt by Bernard Cornwall.

Al.

No comments:

Post a Comment