Monday, 17 October 2016

Will you need a bag or any stamps today?

Basic Info to get us started;

Name (on the internet)
  - Xan

Name (for real life)
  - Al

Age
  - 32

Height
  - About 6"

Weight
  - Considerable

Occupation
  - Birthday Card and Novelty Balloon Peddler

Reason for Blogging
  - My therapist thought it might help me out


Actually that last one is kinda round-about, I suggested it and she approved, so it's not technically a lie. Anyway, I've done some serious blogging before and kinda missed it, but my attempts after that first one never went anywhere and I let it slide for... hmmm... several years.

So yeah, here we are. I suppose I want to talk about me, about the world, about movies, about the things we see everyday and don't think about. But then I guess that's what everyone kinda wants to talk about, so I'll get back to you on making this blog startlingly original at some point.

Carrying on...

Hobbies
  - Wargaming, Table-top Roleplay-Gaming, Pretending to be a Writer, Cooking, Chain-watching entire series on DVD (I'm not onto Netflix yet)

Ambitions
  - To drop the Pretending part of the last entry

Love Life
  - We'll talk about that some other time, shall we

Political Alignment
  - Liberal Democrat (I miss you, Clegg)

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. I'm trying not to be a borderline shut-in and having a job over this last month or so has really helped me out a lot (before that I was unemployed for eight months, which certainly had its perks, but getting paid was not really one of them). I like to think I'm a nice guy, I like to think that I'm friendly and funny (although to be honest I have no real idea if I am either of those things).

I figure that there's a lot of things I'm going to want to sound off about over the next few months/years (if I keep going with this one, that is, I could well leave it bleeding out on the roadside next week for all I know), but for now I'll just leave it with the virtual handshake that is me sharing a whole bunch of semi-personal details on the internet. Again. Because this time it's more or less personal.


Currently Reading
  - Yarrick: Imperial Creed (David Annandale)
  - Girls With Slingshots (Danielle Corsetto)

Currently Painting
  - 8 Heavy Bolter Devastator Marines
  - 7 Bolter Devastator Marines

Currently Writing
  - Episode 1-02 of Impact Winter

Checking out, Xan.

No comments:

Post a Comment